Hidalyn Diaz A Woman of Great Strength and Inspiration Achieved the Philippines 1st Olympic Gold
It’s a golden era for Philippine Sports that after 97 Years of joining the quadrennial meet. The Philippines has finally produced its first-ever Olympic Gold at the Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan 2020.
Ms. Diaz won the 55 kilograms of the women’s category of weightlifting. She also set a new Olympic record of 224 kilograms on her combined two successful lifts.
For the first time in the history of the Olympics, the Philippine National Anthem was played. And the Philippines was on the top of the Olympic Podium.
Amidst the challenges, being away from her family for almost 2 years, and because of the global pandemic, she did not stop training for the summer Olympics. She was a silver medallist last Summer Olympics in Rio 2016.
Ms. Diaz was awarded by the Philippine Government and the Private sector with more than 30 Million Pesos worth of cash, properties, and a lifetime of Free Flights.:
The Country’s first Olympic Gold Medalist is set to receive house and lot in Zamboanga City Southern Philippines and 3 Million Pesos from President Rodrigo Duterte
- 10 Million pesos from San Miguel Corporation President Ramon Ang
- 10 Million pesos from boss Manny Pangilinan through the MVP Sports Foundation
- 14 Million Pesos Condominium Unit at Eastwood, Quezon City
- Free Fuel for Life plus 5 millions pesos cash from Phoenix Petroleum Chair Dennis Uy
- House and Lot in Tagaytay City from Philippine Olympic Committee President Bambol Tolentino
- House and Lot from PHirst Park Home by Century Properties
- Lifetime Free Flights from AirAsia Philippines
- 80,000 Free Miles for Life per Year from Philippine Airlines
Congratulations to our 1st ever Gold Medallist Ms. Hidalyn Diaz